THE FONIX is a competition for students attending Catalan schools. It is aimed at encouraging English learning among primary and secondary school students and learners at adult education centres.
Students may participate in the competition only through the school where they are enrolled.
- Development of critical and reflective thinking.
- Problem-solving and seeking of creative solutions.
- Use of digital environments and transmedia communication.
- A focus on values related to ethical
issues defined in UNESCO’s 2030 Agenda for sustainable development, equity,
solidarity and social cohesion.
Catalan public, private and grant-aided schools that provide instruction at the stages and levels into which the six categories are organised:
- CATEGORY 1: Students in 5th–6th year of primary education
- CATEGORY 2: Students in 1st–2nd year of ESO
- CATEGORY 3: Students in 3rd–4th year of ESO
- CATEGORY 4: Students in 1st–2nd year of Batxillerat
- CATEGORY 5: Adult Introductory English students (A1/A1 +): GES 1, English 1, English 2 and PPACFGM
- CATEGORY 6: Adult Basic English students (A2/A2+): GES 2, English 3, CAM, PPCFGS and PPAU+25
Several teams of students from a school may participate in each category. Each team must be made up of a minimum of two and a maximum of three students.
- Teams present a mini-project in the form of an animated presentation, mini-video, etc.
- Schools select one team in each category and send the projects (in AVI or MP4 video format) to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org via WeTransfer or Dropbox.
- The Organisation posts the projects on YouTube.
- Vote by YouTube viewers (15% of the score) + vote by Organising Committee (85% of the score).