Adverbs of Frequency are adverbs of time that answer the question "How frequently?" or "How often?". They tell us how often something happens.
I always go to bed at 11pm.
I usually walk to school.
I often surf the internet.
I sometimes go to the cinema.
I never swim in the sea.
Adverbs of frequency are put directly before the main verb. If 'be' is the main verb and there is no auxiliary verb, adverbs of frequency are put behind 'be'.
object, place or time
in the evenings.
here in summer.
On-line exercises to practise adverbs of frequency:
- Adverbs of frequency Quiz
- Position of adverbs of frequency 1
- Position of adverbs of frequency 2
- Sentences with adverbs of frequency
- Fill in the gap: adverbs of frequency
- Adverbs of frequency order